Experienced Pittsburgh Lawyer Representing Clients in Commercial Litigation and Securities Litigation and Providing Mediation and Dispute Resolution Services
Michael J. Betts LLC represents businesses and individual clients in civil litigation matters in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to provide our clients with the sophisticated and thorough legal representation they would expect to receive from a large law firm, but with the personal and efficient approach offered by a small firm.
With his background as a litigation Partner and Principal in large Pittsburgh and Philadelphia based law firms, as well as having served as Senior Litigation Counsel for a major bank, Mr. Betts is able to effectively handle a wide range of complex litigation matters. Practicing in a small firm, Mr. Betts is able to provide his clients with cost-effective and hands-on service, at much lower rates than those that would be charged if the same services were provided through a larger law firm.
The practice areas in which the Pittsburgh law firm of Michael J. Betts concentrates include:
- Commercial Litigation / Business Disputes. Michael J. Betts LLC handles a wide variety of claims asserted by or against businesses, including breach of contract cases, claims arising under the Uniform Commercial Code, shareholder and partnership disputes, trade secret litigation, disputes relating to employee non-compete agreements and business torts, e.g., interference with contractual relations and unfair competition.
- Banking Litigation. Michael J. Betts LLC has substantial experience in a wide variety of banking-related claims, including fiduciary litigation, lender liability claims, account and check fraud cases, and claims arising under Articles 3, 4 and 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Consumer Litigation. Michael J. Betts LLC is experienced in the handling of claims brought on behalf of consumers, both under the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law, Pennsylvania's consumer protection statute, and under common law theories.
- Professional Liability Claims. Michael J. Betts LLC represents clients in professional liability cases, including claims alleging accounting malpractice and legal malpractice.
- Securities Litigation – FINRA Arbitrations and Disciplinary Proceedings. Michael J. Betts LLC represents clients in securities fraud litigation and other cases arising under the federal and Pennsylvania securities laws. Mr. Betts also is experienced in the handling of FINRA arbitrations – both “customer” and “industry” arbitrations – and in representing securities professionals in connection with FINRA investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
- Trade Secret Litigation / Restrictive Covenant and Non-Compete Claims. Michael J. Betts LLC has substantial experience in the handling of cases involving claims for misappropriation of trade secrets – including proceedings under the Pennsylvania Uniform Trade Secret Act (“PUTSA”) – and claims alleging the breach of restrictive covenants (“non-compete”) provisions in employment agreements.
Although our normal engagement in commercial litigation matters is as lead trial counsel for our clients, we have extensive experience working with other law firms and lawyers in the role of co-counsel or “local counsel.” With our knowledge of the members of the local judiciary and the rules and practices prevailing in our local courts – the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County – as well as our commitment to efficiency and cost-effectiveness, we are an ideal fit for businesses, law firms and lawyers who are in need of Pittsburgh-based counsel to support the handling of commercial litigation matters and business disputes pending, or anticipated to be filed, in the federal or state courts in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania.
In addition to representing clients in litigation matters, Mr. Betts provides alternative dispute resolution services and is an experienced mediator. He is on the roster of ADR Neutrals for the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and has been designated by that Court as an approved E-Discovery Special Master and Mediator. Mr. Betts also is an arbitrator for commercial and consumer cases administered by the American Arbitration Association and is included on the American Arbitration Association's Roster of Arbitrators.
For information about the legal services and alternative dispute resolution services provided by Michael J. Betts LLC, please contact Mr. Betts directly at 412-397-9933 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use the form below to submit an inquiry to Michael J. Betts LLC. We will respond directly within twenty-four hours. Please describe your matter in general terms and without disclosing confidential or sensitive information. If you prefer, you may contact us directly by telephone (412-397-9933) or email: email@example.com.